Trispen with St Erme Curriculum – Impact
At Trispen with St Erme Primary School it is expected that every lesson has a positive impact on every pupil and that every pupil has made progress in at least one aspect of their learning. They may have gained knowledge, improved a skill, or learnt how to further apply a virtue to their learning.
In order to ascertain the impact of each lesson on the progress of our children we use a range of assessment techniques such as;
- In-school Formative Assessment (to support and inform pupil progress) including, but not restricted to:
- observational assessment
- marking of books
- oral feedback
- learning conversations (adult/child, child/child, etc)
- peer assessment,
- group assessment,
- targeted questioning,
- quick recap questioning to consolidate knowledge
- moderation and assessment of exemplar work of a range of stages,
- written feedback that links to assessment criteria
- Termly formal PIRA, PUMA, GAPS standardised assessment/SAT style tests in Reading, Spelling, Grammar and Maths
Through giving the children the ability to reach their potential, our curriculum gives the children the skills, knowledge and emotional resilience to thrive in the future.